Hammond’s well-established plastic enclosure families, the 1591, which features integral vertical PCB mounting channels, and its sister, the 1591XX, with a plain interior are two of its best-selling ranges. These extremely versatile enclosures are available in many sizes, and are available with plain or flanged lids or plain or flanged bases.
The flame-retardant ABS version is by far the most popular option; an economy version of all sizes is also available as standard, moulded in general-purpose ABS.
A further option is selected sizes available in translucent ice blue, crystal clear and IR-transparent red, moulded in polycarbonate.
In the standard UL94 V-0 version, the lid is secured with M3 x 10mm machine screws threaded into integral brass inserts, perfect for applications when repetitive assembly and disassembly are required.
In economy versions, the lid is secured with self-tapping screws into solid posts to reduce cost when repeated access is not required.
Key features of the 1591 range
• 13 sizes: 84mm x 56mm x 26mm to 190mm x 110mm x 61mm
• Flame-retardant versions are available in beige, black, blue or grey
• Economy versions are available in black or grey
• The internal side walls have moulded-in card guides for vertical 1.6mm PCB mounting
• All sizes are available with plain or flanged lids or plain or flanged bases
• Standard versions are moulded in UL 94-V0 flame-retardant ABS
• Economy versions are moulded in general-purpose ABS
• Tongue and groove construction gives IP54 sealing
• In standard version the lid is secured with M3 x 10mm machine screws threaded into integral brass bushes, perfect for applications when repetitive assembly and disassembly are required
• In economy versions the lid is secured with self-tapping screws into solid posts for cost saving when repeated access is not required
• Optional adaptors fit into the vertical slots enabling PCBs to be mounted horizontally in a choice of multiple positions within the height of the enclosure
Key features of the 1591XX economy range
• 12 sizes: 84mm x 56mm x 27mm to 221mm x 150mm x 62mm
• Plain internal side walls for horizontal PCB mounting
• PCB mounting bosses moulded into the lid and base
• Available with plain and flanged lids
• Standard black and grey versions are moulded in 94-V0 flame-retardant ABS
• Translucent blue and black economy versions are moulded in general-purpose ABS
Key features of the 1591T translucent range
• Six sizes: 99mm x 51mm x 24mm to 191mm x 109mm x 61mm
• Internal side walls include card guides for vertical PCB mounting
• Mounting flanges available as an accessory
• Moulded in UL 94-V0 flame-retardant polycarbonate
• Available as standard in ice blue, clear and red, which is transparent to infrared wavelengths
• The lid is secured with M3 x 10 mm machine screws threaded into integral brass bushes, perfect for applications when repetitive assembly and disassembly are required
To contact Hammond to discuss a specific requirement, call +44 1256 812812, email the company at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or use Live Chat via its website. To help you in specifying your requirements you can download PDF, AutoCAD .dxf and 3D Solid Model .igs and .stp files for all our products from Hammond’s website.
Print this page | E-mail this page
Download a copy of our digital magazine