The new additions to the 1553 family feature two flat removable plastic end panels rather than a single panel. Obviously the 1553BX, CX and DX are without a battery compartment, but feedback suggests that additional options for cable entries and I/O are satisfying the requirements of many different applications.
The 1553 soft-side family features an ergonomically curved shape that fits comfortably into the hand. They are moulded in general purpose ABS with a soft plastic overmould for a comfortable grip. All five sizes with a single end panel, with or without a battery compartment, are available in six colours.
The new BX, CX and DX twin end panel versions do not have a battery compartment and are initially available as standard in black and grey, with other colours to special order. They are ideal for housing hand-held instruments, remote controllers, flying lead machine controllers and many other applications where a stylish, comfortable and easy to hold enclosure is required. All sizes have four PCB standoffs moulded into the base.
1553*X twin-panel features
• The new versions with two removable plastic end panels are the 'BX', 117 x 79 x 24, the 'CX', 117 x 79 x 33 and the 'DX', 147 x 89 x 25
• All sizes are available in black and grey
• Alternative IR transparent end panels are available for the 'B' and 'D' sizes
• No battery compartment
1553 family features
• 5 sizes from 75 x 50 x 17 to 147 x 89 x 25
• Moulded in general purpose ABS
• ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ sizes are available with or without a battery door in the base, all apart from the smallest ‘AA’ and ‘A’ sizes have a single plastic removable end panel
• The battery compartment versions are supplied complete with clips for 2 x AA and 1 x PP3 batteries
• The ‘AA’, ‘A’ and ‘C’ sizes are available in black and grey
• The ‘B’ and ‘D’ sizes are also available in yellow, translucent blue and red
• Alternative IR transparent end panels are available for the ‘B’ and ‘D’ sizes
• The two smallest ‘AA’ and ‘A’ sizes do not have a battery door or removable panel
• The soft overmoulds are black or grey
• All sizes feature a recessed top cover to accept a display or membrane keyboard
• Optional belt/pocket clips are available in black and grey
IP65 1553W features
• Sealed to IP65
• Moulded in flame-retardant, UV-stabilised ABS for use outside
• The 1553W IP65 watertight versions of the 'B', 'C' and 'D' sizes have a single front panel integral with the top cover
• The 1553W family does not have a battery compartment
To contact us to discuss a specific requirement, call +44 1256 812812, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or use Live Chat via our web site.
Print this page | E-mail this page
Download a copy of our digital magazine